Monday 13 May 2013

Spreading the Word of Kindness through Parcels


Vas happenin', my friends around the world?  :)

Patricia here.

Today I want to talk to you about spreading the word of kindness by visiting people in need. This time is about people with cancer in the government hospital here in my city, Denpasar - Bali (Indonesia). They go to the hospital from rural areas and mostly poor areas. They don't have enough money so the government pays for their medications.


A few days ago, my mom and most of my best friend's moms went to visit people with the disease well known as cancer at the hospital. They have been doing this as a routine since the early last year. I wanted to join, but the most awful thing is... I had to go to school and I'm not allowed to visit there because I'm a kid (there is a sign that 'a healthy kid is not allowed to come in the hospital area). I can understand, but I was pretty sad that I couldn't go and visit them. Then, my friends and I helped them from another way. If we cannot visit them, it doesn't mean we cannot help anything right?

And I'm proud of my friends (and me hehehehe) because even though we couldn't join, we still helped packaging the souvenirs for the cancer people. In one medium paper bag, we put batik cloth, towel, washcloth, milk, biscuit, soap, wet tissue, and tissue roll. It was so exciting that time when 6 of us were packing the parcels. And 4 small fans.

We all learn something from this. We learn that helping others is a really awesome thing to do. With a little team work, anything can happen. We finished packaging 25 souvenirs in less than 10 minutes... Literally!

And more than that, we learn that spreading the word of kindness does not mean we have to be face-to-face with the people we help, but we can help them anywhere.

Anyways, thank you for reading and have a nice day :)

Keep helping others.

Love,

Patricia TGT xoxo
The Green Team

2 comments: