Sunday 4 May 2014

My Garden: Plant the Seeds (part 2)

Dear Greensters, 
Fertile soil I bought

It's me Vanessa. 

We are still talking about my small garden. I think we should plant something in our gardens, although the gardens are small. We can use pots, small containers or polybags for planting. It is nice and amazing to watch a seed grow day by day. 

Now, I will tell you how I organize the soil. I told you before that I was sick for more than a month. So, the soil in my garden became dry and not good for planting. I am happy now that I can organize my garden again!

This is how to plant the seeds. This is simple:
  • Buy fertile soils. I bought fertile soils in a nursery house. They sell plants, seedlings, gardening tools and fertile soils. One sack costed me 10,000 rupiahs (around 1 US dollar only). I bought 4 sacks that time because there were only left 4 sacks. :)
  • Plow the soil on the ground. You should plow the soil on the ground first because it can make the soil become loose so that the plant can grow in it easily. 
  • Mix the soil on the ground with the fertile soil. Then, I mix both soils: soil on the ground with fertile soil I bought. 
    Seedling in eco pack
  • Make a small hole in the middle of the soil. Give a distance from one seed to another seed. Because if it is too crowded, it cannot grow well. 
  • Put the seeds in the small hole that you make. Do not bury it deep in the soil. It is better around 1 centimeter from the top ground. 
  • Cover the seeds and the small hole with soil. Then you wait until it grows. 
  • Give a little bit of water everyday then it will grow. Do not pour lots of water. It is better to use a spray bottle. Because if it is a lot of water, it will wash away the seeds. 
You can use the eco packs for seedlings. If it grows in the eco pack, you can directly plant the seedlings with the eco pack in the ground. The eco pack is environmental friendly because it can decompose by itself. 

Let's make our Earth greener. 

Thank you for reading. 

Best Regards,
Vanessa TGTI
(grade 4 student)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment