Sunday 4 May 2014

My Garden: Animals (part 4)

Dear Greensters,
Can you see two frogs here?

It's Vanessa here.

I am still talking about my garden. I hope you don't get bored. :

If you have a garden, you will see many animals in your garden. For examples: butterflies (because flowers attract butterflies), bees (because flowers attract bees), grasshoppers (I don't know why they are in my garden. Maybe because they eat fresh leaves) and ..... frogs!!!!!

I found 3 frogs in my garden! One 'green frog' and two 'Bangkong' frogs. My Dad's staff (his name is Mr. Lanjar) said that 'Bangkong' frogs in my garden were female and male. The male frog is smaller
What frog is this?
than the female frog. Bangkong frogs are dangerous. If they jump and urinate, be careful with their urine because it is poisonous, especially for our eyes. So, don't be close to them. Don't disturb them! They will not harm you if you don't disturb them!

I search in the  internet. 'Bangkong' frog has other names: Asian black-spined toad. It has a scientific name: Bufo melanostictus. 

One frog is 'green frog'. Mr. Lanjar said it is 'katak hijau' in Indonesian language. I searched in the internet. But, it is not similar with real 'green frog'. I think it is similar to 'katak pohon' or 'tree frog'. Is there anyone knows that kind of frog it is? Mr. Lanjar said that its urine is poisonous and it can jump very far. 

Why frogs like to be in my garden? I think because it has many small shrubs and they can hide. 
Earthworms

I also found many earthworms in my garden! I am happy because the more earthworms in your soil, it means your soil is fertile. 

There was one funny thing happened when I found the frogs. Suddenly, we heard the frogs croak. It was a hot sunny day. Mr. Lanjar said that if the frogs are croaking in the middle of hot sunny day, it means it will rain. FROGS PREDICT THE RAIN so if it croaks that means it is gonna rain. And ... it rained!
The caterpillar

There was a caterpillar in my garden. It was wrapped inside turmeric leaves. I think it will become cocoon then butterflies soon. But I have to harvest the turmeric. So sorry, my caterpillar. :(

And that’s all that I need to tell. Hope it is useful. 
Thank you for reading.
See you next time.
Bye!!!!!

Best Regards,
Vanessa 
(grade 4 student)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment