Sunday 15 June 2014

Vanessa's Essay in 'Collective Biodiversity Map' of Tunza-Ecogeneration & UNEP

The banner of the competition in the website
Dear Greensters,


This is Vanessa! 

I am so happy because I found so many frogs in my garden. There are 'green frogs' and bigger frogs. So, I wrote about one of them which is a river toad called 'Bangkong River Toad'. In Indonesian language, it is called 'Kodok Bangkong Sungai'. I sent the photo and the essay about this Bangkong River Toad to Tunza-ecogeneration & UNEP for their monthly event of May 2014. The title of the competition is "Collective Intelligence Project: Our Neighborhood World Biodiversity Project". The event was to celebrate International Day for Biological Diversity. We just need to submit photos and essays about endangered-to-extinction species in our country. So, I sent this Bangkong River Toad. I found it was hiding under the shrubs of my Turmeric plants. I didn't win the competition, but I am happy because Tunza-Ecogeneration & UNEP included the photo and essay I sent in their 'Biodiversity Map'. 

I have another story for you. Every night, I always go to my garden and find a green toad hanging on a Papaya plant. I like to call it 'Toady". Toady is always at the same spot every night! It is fun to find Toady and their friends (Bangkong River Toads) in my garden. I heard they are poisonous but I think
My essay and photo for the competition 
they have an important role to our environment. They can predict the rain and they eat mosquitoes / bugs / insects / flies. I also heard that toads are very sensitive to the environment. They breath through their skins. So, I think our garden is healthy because I still find many toads around. It means there is no pollution in my garden. It also means I don't use any chemicals in my garden. 

Thank you for reading.
Thank you, Tunza-Ecogeneration & UNEP. 

Website:
tunza.eco-generation.org 

Best Regards,

Vanessa Monica
Co-founder of TGTI




No comments:

Post a Comment