Saturday 17 August 2013

Vanessa Won the Competition held by Tunza-Ecogeneration & UNEP

Dear Greensters,

Hi, my friends around the world.
This is Vanessa.

First, HAPPY 68th INDEPENDENCE DAY to our beloved country INDONESIA. It's today.

I just want to say that I won a competition held by Tunza-Ecogeneration & UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme). The theme was 'Discover the Nature Around You'. It was held in July 2013. What we had to do was to take a picture of us with a plant and write an essay about the plant. Other members of the Green Team Indonesia also joined the competition. They were Patricia Cornelia (my sister), Mika Artanto, Hillary Kristanto, Shirley Waskito, Sharon Waskito and me. :). They all wrote very good essays on some unique plants, like: mangroves, sugar-apple tree (Srikaya in Indonesian language), Plumeria flower, Jasmine flower, Orchid flower and many more. But, whoever the winner is, we are still glad that one of us can win something for the Green Team Indonesia. This is the winning for the whole team. Big thanks to Tunza-Ecogeneration & UNEP!

I took a picture and wrote about Kangkong. Why did I chose Kangkong for this competition? Because I like to eat Kangkong. It is my favorite vegetables. I usually eat stir fried Kangkong with fried 'tempe' (or 'tempeh'. It is a traditional soy food originally from Indonesia). It is so yummy!

Kangkong is also one of our campaigns as the Green Team Indonesia. We give away the Kangkong seeds to everyone who wants to plant Kangkong in their gardens. It is actually a very traditional vegetable here in Indonesia. But now after I won, I hope Kangkong becomes famous and I hope people in the world would know it.

We plant Kangkong in our garden at home. It is easy to plant and easy to take care of. There is one rule when you eat Kangkong, you have to finish it right away. You cannot eat the left over Kangkong for tomorrow because it will be poisonous for you.

Thank you for reading.
Thank you so much Tunza-Ecogeneration & UNEP.

This is the link to the winner announcement:

No comments:

Post a Comment