Monday 18 July 2016

Sharing Love to Children with Cancer

Dear Greensters, 
What we brought for the children

It's me ... Kezia. 

On June,1st 2016, I went to Sanglah Hospital. I went to the Hospital with my mom, my mom’s friends and my friends from Green Team Indonesia. We visited children who have cancers in there. We gave many things to them, such as dolls, snacks, money, and some crafts. 

I made the craft for them. My mom helped me. We call it 'eco-craft' because the materials we use to make the craft are from the things we didn’t use anymore. We made a pencil case out of toilet paper rolls, fabric and beads. My mom and I also decorated the envelopes we used for putting some money inside for the children. 
When we were wrapping the dolls

I gave my dolls to them too. We wanted to do some crafting together with the children, but the nurse said we can’t because they had to rest and they just went into some medications. So, we just went from one ward to another ward to gave them the snacks, money and dolls.

The doctor said the dolls must be clean and must be wrapped with plastics so that the dolls are not dusty. Dust is dangerous for the children with cancers because it can trigger some disease to them. The nurses then kept the dolls in the playroom for a while.
The reading corner


There are 28 children. They are suffering from cancer such as leukemia (blood cancer), bone cancer or retinoblastoma (eye cancer). They come from unfortunate families from villages around Bali island.

I felt happy because I can meet the children and gave them snacks, dolls, and money. I met them one by one and gave away the things we brought.

When we visited them, even when they sick, they felt happy too. 

Then, on July 4th 2016, we're back to Sanglah hospital to wrap the dolls in the playing room. We also wanted to give away a package of lunch box, mineral water and orange to the parents who accompany their children during the medications. We were focusing on the children all the time since 2012 and we never paid attention to the parents. They must be very tired, sad and need to eat. We decided to arrange the lunch boxes for the parents. It turned out really fun to see them happy. 

The Tree of Hope
We were surprised when we saw a 'tree of hope' in the playroom. The children wrote what they want or their prayers on a piece of paper and put on the 'tree of hope'. All of them were full of hopes to be healed from the disease they have. We do pray that all their prayers come true. 

The playroom also has a small library or a reading corner. From the notes, we found out that the children love to read also. So, we will manage to bring more books for them one day.

We share with love.
We should keep sharing to others for a better generations. 

Note: As our respect to the children with cancer, we don't post the photos of us with them. Thank you.

Best Regards, 
Kezia Shafira Aprilianna Putri Wibowo

No comments:

Post a Comment