Monday 18 July 2016

A Visit to Waste Bank (Part 2 - end)

Another waste bank
Dear Greensters,

It's Sharon again! This is the part 2 of my previous article.

I will be sharing some green tips for you guys and hopefully these tips I’m giving will be helpful for you guys later in the future. My first tip is to find a waste bank near your area, they aren’t very branched out yet but I’m quite sure you will find a small one near, don’t give up! Or you can create your own Waste Bank with a support from a big company in your city or your country. These waste banks here in Indonesia are mostly supported by Unilever company. Thank you to Unilever for such a great support for our environment. 

Waste banks just need more recognition, they just stay hidden in places you don’t expect them to be. Personally I never knew waste bank existed until Green Team Indonesia told us about a new founding that they found, waste bank.

Ni Wayan Riawati and I Made Warsa
We went to another waste bank named Saranagathi Waste Bank in another side of Ahmad Yani stree, Denpasar - Bali, Indonesia. In this waste bank, we met with the manager Mr. I Made Warsa and the educator Miss Ni Wayan Riawati who were so helpful and very informative. 

Wefie together
My second tip is to not only collect papers from your house only, ask your friends or relatives that lives nearby, if your parents work in a office you can ask them spare papers they do not use anymore. Usually, at the end of the year my mom would hand me boxes of waste paper and will ask me to rip it apart and throw it away because it was no use anymore, just if we knew that waste bank existed we wouldn’t throw out those precious papers! 

My third tip is finding the right timing, papers used to lie around my room unorganized, but after I gave out the papers to the waste bank, my room felt much more cleaner now, because this is school break, this is the perfect chance to go to the waste bank and store out your papers to them because you must have collected many past exam papers or worksheets from school. 

Bank Sampah application for Android

We finally can collect 112.5 kgs of paper and we got 107,100 rupiahs in our saving account in Waste Bank. It's really a cool way to get money for our next campaigns. 


So that’s it for today’s blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this blog about my experience going to the Waste Bank and I hope the tips will be useful to use in the future for new experiences!!

Best Regards, 
Sharon Waskito

No comments:

Post a Comment