Sunday 26 January 2014

Biawak (Varanus) in My House!

Hi, Greensters!
Litte cute monitor lizard

It's me again. Vanessa. I am here to write something that can surprise you. :). Well, this morning there was a monitor lizard in my house. I will tell you what happened.

So the story is like this. This morning, when my parent's staffs were cleaning the house, they screamed but not really that loud then they started panicking, so my mom went outside and asked them what happened. They said that there was a monitor lizard inside the house! When my mom knew about it, she did not even freaked out or panic because she is used to it! So, she went back to her room.


Then, at 10 am, my dad's employee came and found the monitor lizard under the kitchen table and they captured it. This is the third times when a monitor lizard comes to our house. So, I will tell you some tips and some facts about it. :)

The sharp claws
What is a Monitor Lizard?

  • A monitor lizard is generally a large lizard, although some can be only 20 centimeters in length. They have long necks, power tail and claws!
  • Monitor lizards are reptiles.
  • Its scientific name is Varanus. 
  • It is called 'Biawak' here in Indonesia. 




Tips to capture a monitor lizard in your house:
  • If you want to capture it, you ever do first is to close the monitor lizard's mouth and gather the feet together because its teeth can bite you and it will infect us with bacteria inside its mouth. 
  • You need to gather the feet because the claws can scratch you and you can be infected by bacteria also. 

My opinion: why a monitor lizard was inside my house?
It might be more than 1 meter long
I think their habitat is destroyed by human beings. In fact, there are so many hotels and housings built everywhere in my city. Everywhere I go, I always see new hotels being built! I wish I were the Mayor of this city so that I can tell everyone to stop building hotels, houses, restaurants, etc. If they stop building and also stop cutting down the trees, if we work together to stop doing those stuffs, I believe that animals and human beings can survive together because animal needs to breath air and they also needs water. As well as human beings. We need the air and water. That is why we need more trees to produce fresh air and hold water with their roots. Monitor lizards live in nature. We have to return them to their habitats by planting plants and stop cutting trees and stop building. 

So, if you are asking me about what I did to the monitor lizard, so my dad's employee took it away from home. They said they brought it to their home and took a good care of it. But I think they should release it in nature. We don't like to kill animals because that is cruel for the Earth. 

So, that is all I want to say. I will talk about something else next time. 
Bye.

Best Regards,
Vanessa 
(grade 4 student)

No comments:

Post a Comment