Saturday 11 July 2015

The Story of a Hedgehog: Bathing (part 2)



Dear Greenster,

Hi! It's me Vanessa. 

I am still talking about my hedgehogs. Hedgehogs need to take a bath. This is how to do it.



Here are some of the things I use for taking care of my hedgehogs:
Virbac Wound -Gard Spray


  • Anti-flea shampoo (I bought it around 50,000 rupiahs or around US $3.8)
  • Anti-flea spray (same price with the shampoo)
  • Shredded wood (I bought in the local bird market here in Denpasar. It costs around 6,000 rupiahs per package or around US $0.5). 
  • U
    Shredded wood
    sed towel
    to dry up my hedgehogs after taking a bath.
  • Hair-dryer to dry my hedgehogs (if needed)
  • Small-size cat food (I bought it in a pet shop around 115,000 rupiahs or around US $8.8 for 3 kilograms). 
  • Virbac "Wound-Gard" Antiseptic Spray (I bought it from the Vet for around 150,000 rupiahs or around US $11.5. It is a bit expensive but it is good to treat any kind of wounds of our hedgehogs or other animals to avoid infections). 
    Anti-flea shampoo and spray
  • A strong large-size cage (I bought it in the local bird market here in Denpasar. It costs around 125,000 rupiahs or around US $9.6)
  • A hamster drinking water (I bought it in the local bird market here in Denpasar. It costs around 15,000 rupiahs or around US $1.2). Make sure that the water is not dripping from the bottle easily. 
  • Boxes out of tetra pack liquid milk boxes (just cut the top side, wash it and dry perfectly before you use it as sleeping boxes for your hedgehogs). 
  • Ceramic or glass ashtray as food container (I bought it in a supermarket for around 3,000 rupiahs or US $0.2)


HOW TO GIVE THE HEDGEHOGS A BATH
The only brand my hedgehogs love
  • You wash them every once a month or if you think they stink already. 
  • First, you have to have a medium size bucket or you can use a sink or a bathtub 
  • Second, don’t put too much water because the hedgehogs can drown. Put the water as high as their feet.
    Cage, drinking bottle, ashtray, boxes
  • Third, use the anti flea shampoo for young cats and put the shampoo on a toothbrush and gently scrub the hedgehogs body. Make sure the water and the shampoo don't get to their face! 
  • Fourth, then rinse the hedgehog with clean water. Make sure the water don't get to its face! 
  • Fifth, put the hedgehog in a dry towel and dry it.
  • Sixth, use a hairdryer and dry it.
  • Seventh, spray it with an anti flea spray. Make sure the spray don’t get to its face!
Have in cleaning your lovely hedgehogs with L-O-V-E.

Best Regards, 

Vanessa Monica
Co-founder of Green Team Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment